11 replies to this topic

#1 Garstick

Garstick

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

Finally pulled the trigger on a light bar.   After looking at all the choices I decided on the Eyourlite.

132.00 on Amazon.  They had smaller light bars that would be easier to mount on my 17 ' center console.

But when it came to pricing and the amount of light it was a no brainer to go with the 52" light bar.

Main thing I think I need is more light, right?  Is it possible to have too much light?

Hit the order button twice by mistake ( wife caught that).  Might end up mounting both:)  Wonder how long my 24v system will power two of them?

If I run it 24v I can tie into my trolling motor 24V system and use a disconnect plug when I don't need the

light bar in may way.

Fingers crossed that it puts out the light we need with out the roar of the genny.

Aim low and let it go!

Roy 

#2 THS Sporting Center

THS Sporting Center

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationPort Huron, MI

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:42 AM

I purchase one lat year and it was too bright and too white. Lots of reflection. 50 watt LED are unbeaten so far. I use mine in a 24 volt wiring configuration. 

Check this out 10 50 watt 24 volt dc.

#3 Garstick

Garstick

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

I found amber tape for tail light repair. would you suggest the bright yellow or the bronze color amber to cut the sharpness on the light bar. sounds stupid asking which amber color to go with. I can't believe how many amber choices are out there.
thanks for your input and not taking an easy shot:)

#4 THS Sporting Center

THS Sporting Center

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationPort Huron, MI

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:46 AM

You know I just might try a film on that death ray light. Who know it could be awesome...

#5 Garstick

Garstick

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

That sounds like a plan.  I like the "Death Ray" term.  If the weather ever breaks hire in Texas I'll get some pictures of before the the tint and after.  We used a red lens varmint hunting, I might experiment with different colors.

#6 THS Sporting Center

THS Sporting Center

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationPort Huron, MI

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

That I would appreciate since my water is covered with more than a FOOT of ICE!  :startle:

#7 Garstick

Garstick

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

Looks like the Death Ray is a dead turd.   Out of the 5 sections of light offered in the 52'' bar, no more than three sections  work at one time.

Good news is after 4 hours of running on 12 volt battery my charge went from 12.4 volts down to 11.9 volts.

Once I get the seller to take back the defective light bar I will look into more and smaller lights to expand my shooting area.

Buyer beware on the Eyourlite LED Light Bars.  After three tries to reach them in two weeks time, no response form them.  I've 

gone to Amazon now to force feed the issue with the seller.

#8 THS Sporting Center

THS Sporting Center

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationPort Huron, MI

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

My brand new light that had some dead cells. 

#9 Garstick

Garstick

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:02 PM

These have cells that start to work then flicker out. did yours ever work. can you replace them?

Thanks!

#10 THS Sporting Center

THS Sporting Center

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationPort Huron, MI

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:07 PM

Yes it works but it had these dead cells right out of the gate. I have used it less than 30 minutes so far. 

light A Bar

#11 Garstick

Garstick

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

that stinks. the mfg is communicating with me and looks like we will get this resolved. since both lights received have issues I'm trying to go with different replacement lights. still covered in ice?

#12 THS Sporting Center

THS Sporting Center

Advanced Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationPort Huron, MI

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:12 AM

Nice thaw today! getting closer to getting out on the water. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users